These are the products I use regularly.
- Caron hand dyed varigated embroidery thread
- more hand dyed varigated embroidery thread, direct from the artist, Laura Wasilowski
- I store all my thread in this inexpensive plastic bag system.
- Sharon Boggon’s comprehensive online stitch dictionary
- Silk organza, Thai Silks, cream color
- Shiva Paintstiks from Cedar Canyon Textiles
- A pack of hand dyed rovings, silk and velvets from Suzanne Morgan
- Merino wool roving from Try Our Designs
- 200 ct white muslin from Joanns to print, draw and paint on…then stitch
- Design your own fabric and have yardage printed at Spoonflower or buy my fabric.
Sketching & Watercolor: Journal Style
- Niji Waterbrush
- Waterproof, permanent ink pen in superfine black, Pitt Artist Pen
- Moleskine watercolor journal
- Hot press watercolor paper Fabriano Artistico Traditional White (5×7″ block)
- Strathmore Visual Journal (Mixed Media)
- Kneadable eraser
- Water soluble pen (Tombow)
- Travel size palette 6×8 inches
- Watercolors: I use Windsor Newton/Daniel Smith: Cadmium Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, French Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Umber, Sap Green are a good start.
- Just starting in watercolor journaling? Prang paints are perfect and inexpensive.
- White art tissue
- The perfect sketchbag/purse for travel by Kipling
- Portable travel stool
Monotypes on Fabric or Paper
- Digital Camera Canon PowerShot
- Polaroid Pogo Printer